My hair was cut today. (note i didn't phrase it as "i cut my hair today")
I don't know what to feel.
There is relief and wonder because i didn't know how it feels to have short hair...shorter hair at any rate.
Yet, i felt as if i've cut away two years of my life. It was the length of a hand and wrist. I kind of realised that the length reached my thigh, which was my aim. Now, it's only a little over my waist, kind of like at JC 1 all over again. I wished i had taken more pictures. i feel as if i had disappointed myself. It is rather disquieting.
The hairdresser, also my aunt who lives just next block, lectured my on the perils of growing too long hair. Hair-raising consequences such as dropping lots of hair, which i know but when someone voices it out, it is a lot scarier.
I am still going to grow it long though. To the thigh. Then, hopefully, at that time, i would have the courage to snipe it off at neck length. That is another two years of growing i am anticipating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment